Effective. Efficient. And experienced. Sara is a creative problem solver with over fourteen years of litigation experience who strives to reach the best results for her clients.
She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in fiduciary duty, trade secret, breach of contract, construction defect, and zoning lawsuits. Sara also has experience representing shareholders in derivative litigation. She regularly advises clients on cybersecurity and data privacy issues, including compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, and has assisted clients with nationwide data breaches.
Sara earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Baylor Law School. She has been recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters from 2013-2019, and "Texas Super Lawyer" in 2020. Sara was selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Commercial Litigation by U.S. News & World Report in 2020 and 2021.
A Dallas Bar Foundation Fellow and a Barrister for the William “Mac” Taylor Inn of Court, Sara was also in the Dallas Bar Association’s inaugural class of WE LEAD: Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession. Before joining Lynn Pinker Hurst & Schwegmann, she was a partner at a top AmLaw firm.
- Texas A&M University, Renewable Natural Resources, B.S., magna cum laude
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E)
- EU GDPR Foundation Qualification (C GDPR F)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Baylor Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Represented a general partner in a breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit brought by limited partners, obtaining a defense verdict after jury trial
- Represented the owner/developer in a lawsuit alleging spot zoning, obtaining summary judgment in client’s favor allowing project to proceed.
- Represented a broker in a fee dispute with a potential client, obtaining summary judgment on client’s behalf.
- Represented seller in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration, obtaining an award in seller’s favor.
- Represented employer in action against former employee alleging misuse of confidential information, obtaining injunctive relief and a favorable settlement.
- Represented owner/developer in zoning dispute, successfully defending against a temporary injunction seeking to halt construction on project.
- Represented property owner in nuisance dispute, obtaining injunctive relief and a favorable settlement.
- Represented subcontractor on multi-site project against construction defect claims, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Represented service provider in breach of contract lawsuit, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Represented limited partners in general partner removal action, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- "Texas Super Lawyer," by Super Lawyers, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2013-2019
- "Best Lawyers in America" in Commercial Litigation by U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021
- Dallas Bar Foundation-Fellow
- William “Mac” Taylor Inn of Court-Barrister
- Dallas Bar Association’s inaugural class of WE LEAD: Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Leadership Dallas Alumni Association-Advisory Council
- Leadership Dallas-Class of 2013
- Mayor’s Star Council, 2014-2015
- Human Rights Initiative of Texas-volunteer attorney
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program-volunteer attorney
- “Mr. Zuckerberg Goes to Washington: Facebook Founder Faces Congress” IAPP, May 2018
- “Healthcare Cybersecurity Roundtable” KPMG, January 2016
- “CIO Security Lunch & Learn” International Cyber Fraud Cyber Hunt Operations, November 2015
- “Best Practices for Preventing Cybersecurity Breaches” Austin Compliance Roundtable, February 2016
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas