Barira Munshi is an associate at LPHS where she has gained significant experience in all phases of litigation. She has litigated a broad range of complex commercial disputes such including intellectual property disputes, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, antitrust, class action, fraudulent transfer claims, and real estate. In and out of the courtroom, Barira always strives to provide her clients with creative solutions, whether it’s through crafting compelling motions or passionately arguing in a court.
Barira earned her B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Houston Law Center. Barira previously worked as a legal intern for the Harris County District Attorney’s Office where she assisted prosecutors with numerous criminal trials, and Lone Star Legal Aid, where she tried first-chair and won a landlord-tenant jury trial as a third-year law student.
Prior to joining the firm, Barira clerked for the Honorable Robert W. Schroeder III in the Eastern District of Texas as well as the Honorable Michael H. Schneider and the Honorable John D. Love. During her tenure as a clerk, Barira assisted with conducting 13 jury trials, 9 of which were patent disputes. Barira is also a certified Texas Family Mediator.
As a recent transplant to Dallas, Barira enjoys exploring the city with her husband Fahad and spending time with their extended family.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- State Bar of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Law clerk for the Honorable Robert W. Schroeder III of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Law clerk for the Honorable Michael H. Schneider and John D. Love of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2022
- Order of the Barons
- Order of the Barristers
- The Higginbotham Inn of Court, Associate 2021-2022
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Member
- “Breaking Up is Hard to Do”: How to Settle Business Cases, Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes, Co-Author, July 2021