Sara CheletteDownload One Page Bio
Sara is a creative problem solver always striving to achieve the best results for her clients in the most efficient way possible. She has over fourteen years of litigation experience, and has represented clients, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in fiduciary duty, trade secret, breach of contract, construction defect, and zoning lawsuits. In addition, Sara has experience representing shareholders in derivative litigation.
Sara advises clients on cybersecurity and data privacy issues, including compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. Moreover, Sara has assisted clients with nationwide data breaches.
Sara has also been recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters for 2013-2018.
Before joining Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, Sara was a partner at a top AmLaw firm.
- Represented a general partner in a breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit brought by limited partners, obtaining a defense verdict after jury trial
- Represented the owner/developer in a lawsuit alleging spot zoning, obtaining summary judgment in client’s favor allowing project to proceed.
- Represented a broker in a fee dispute with a potential client, obtaining summary judgment on client’s behalf.
- Represented seller in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration, obtaining an award in seller’s favor.
- Represented employer in action against former employee alleging misuse of confidential information, obtaining injunctive relief and a favorable settlement.
- Represented owner/developer in zoning dispute, successfully defending against a temporary injunction seeking to halt construction on project.
- Represented property owner in nuisance dispute, obtaining injunctive relief and a favorable settlement.
- Represented subcontractor on multi-site project against construction defect claims, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Represented service provider in breach of contract lawsuit, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Represented limited partners in general partner removal action, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- “Mr. Zuckerberg Goes to Washington: Facebook Founder Faces Congress” IAPP (May 2018)
- “Healthcare Cybersecurity Roundtable” KPMG (January 2016)
- “CIO Security Lunch & Learn” International Cyber Fraud Cyber Hunt Operations (November 2015)
- “Best Practices for Preventing Cybersecurity Breaches” Austin Compliance Roundtable (February 2016)
PROFESSIONAL / CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Dallas Bar Foundation-Fellow
- William “Mac” Taylor Inn of Court-Barrister
- Dallas Bar Association’s inaugural class of WE LEAD: Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Leadership Dallas Alumni Association-Advisory Council
- Leadership Dallas-Class of 2013
- Mayor’s Star Council 2014-2015
- Human Rights Initiative of Texas-volunteer attorney
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program-volunteer attorney
- J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor Law School
- B.S., magna cum laude, Renewable Natural Resources, Texas A&M University
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E)
- EU GDPR Foundation Qualification (C GDPR F)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas