Rebecca L. Adams
Rebecca Adams represents a diverse list of clients—from top Fortune 500 companies to small businesses to law firms and individuals—in both state and federal courts. She has vast experience in complex civil and business litigation matters including breach of contract, business torts, trade secret and non-compete disputes, trademark infringement, professional liability defense, negligence, and more.
Rebecca graduated with merit from the United States Naval Academy and served five years on active duty as a Naval Surface Warfare Officer before transitioning into the Navy Reserves. On active duty, Rebecca served and deployed as the Weapons Officer on the USS Rushmore. She also worked with numerous foreign navies coordinating multinational training exercises across the globe as an Exercise Planner at Mine Countermeasures Division 31.
Rebecca went on to earn her J.D. from Stanford Law School, where she received the Pro Bono Distinction for her extensive public service during law school. At SLS, she served as an editor on the Stanford Journal of Law, Business and Finance, and as the Communications Director of the Stanford Law Veterans Organization. During law school, Rebecca completed numerous clerkships including the California Attorney General’s Office, the Security and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California, and the Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office.
Prior to joining LPHS, Rebecca practiced high stakes commercial litigation at Latham & Watkins LLP in Washington, D.C and litigation boutiques Yetter Coleman LLP and Arnold & Itkin LLP in Houston.
Today, Rebecca lives with her husband Josh and their two children in Dallas. She loves spending time with family and cheering for her alma maters’ sports teams.
- United States Naval Academy, B.S.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2021
- I Love You, I Love You Not: Texas Courts’ Treatment of Delaware Law on Derivative Claims Professional Liability Insurance Committee Newsletter, published by the ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice, Summer 2016
- Nonparty Discovery in Texas: An Overview for Practitioners Presented at The State Bar of Texas 38th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, 2015
- Special Appearance
The Advocate, State Bar of Texas Litigation Report, Volume 72, Fall 2015
- CFPB Enforcement by the Numbers
Latham & Watkins Client Alert White Paper, Dec 22, 2014
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Southern District of California
- District of Colorado