2100 Ross Avenue, Suite 2700
Dallas, Texas 75201
Andrés is a committed, winning bilingual trial lawyer. He has won over $150 million in verdicts from juries in multiple states, and he has tried and won cases as both plaintiff and defendant in state and federal courts and arbitral panels.
Thanks to this experience, Andrés first tries to avoid litigation through a commitment to creatively—but aggressively—resolving the clients’ challenges through negotiation and mediation. But he knows, when necessary, how to prepare a case for victory in court.
Andrés has worked for clients in a number of industries, including oil & gas, automotive, mining, mobile phone, software, and real estate. He’s brought and defended against claims in trade secrets misappropriation, trademark infringement, noncompetition agreements, partnership dissolutions, executive compensation disputes, shareholder and derivative claims, and disparagement and defamation. He is also proud to support the work of Advocates for Community Transformation, helping South Dallas residents sue to remove havens for crime from their neighborhoods.
Andrés earned his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law. There, he served as an Articles Editor on the Law Review, a term-time clerk for the Honorable Richard J. Holwell of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Co-Chair of the Latino Law Students Association, and President of the Mock Trial Team.
Before joining LPHS, Andrés practiced at the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. He was honored by his peers as a “Rising Star” by Texas Monthly from 2016-2019.
Andrés is a native of Chile but now enjoys life in Dallas with his wife Claudia Vargas.
- The University of Texas at Dallas, B.A.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Article Editor, Law Review
- Opening argument and cross-examination of Jostens representative in $3.1 million jury verdict, including punitives, on behalf of Herff Jones, a subsidiary of Varsity Brands.
- Opening and closing arguments in the 12th largest verdict of 2016, winning $145 million jury verdict for T. Boone Pickens’ Mesa Petroleum Partners, LP.
- Dismissal of breach of non-compete claims, and award of attorneys’ fees, via TCPA motion.
- Dismissal during jury trial of fiduciary duty and fraud claims against shareholder.
- Arbitrator award of over $1 million in partnership dissolution dispute.
- Defeated multi-million dollar claims against real estate investors and developer via summary judgment.
- Crafting procedural rules for, and prosecution of claims, on behalf of City of Duncanville in connection with the expulsion of a member of City Council.
- Successful defense against disqualification on behalf of law firm, as well as successful disqualification of law firm.
- Settlement of dispute over a weekend to ensure $40 million credit facility funded on Monday.
- Secured release from detention for Tibetan asylum seeker.
- "Texas Super Lawyer," by Super Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch,” 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2016-2019
- Dallas Assembly, Member
- Dallas Hispanic Law Foundation, Board Member
- City of Dallas’ Judicial Nominating Commission, Member
- UT System Chancellor’s Centurions Council, Member
- Latino Center for Leadership Development’s Inaugural Leadership Academy, Member
- Eugene McDermott Scholars Program Alumni Association, Cofounder
- Social Venture Partners, Partner