“For high stakes litigation in Texas, Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst is the ‘go-to’ law firm and Britta Stanton is the ‘go-to’ lawyer. Britta is a great advocate and counselor and I have the utmost confidence in her ability to manage litigation and provide excellent representation while still keeping costs in line.”
- Scott B. Hillman, Group Counsel, URS Corporation
Britta StantonDownload One Page Bio
Britta Stanton is a trial lawyer who wins in the courtroom. Having tried many cases to verdict in state and federal courts across the country, her opposition knows she will go to trial. As a result, Britta's clients have a substantial advantage in settlement negotiations. She is the go-to lawyer for solving problems in business.
Britta believes courtroom successes are achieved when an attorney will take the time to listen to her clients to master the facts of each case. Britta listens. Her clients and their employees trust her, allowing her to learn the "story" of each case. She pieces the story together through the discovery process, uses the story to create a theme to connect with the jury and, eventually, it becomes a winning trial presentation. But Britta prefers to let her clients tell her story…
"Britta Stanton has been my 'go-to' litigation counsel for the past 8 years and I have never once been disappointed. She consistently makes my job easier, and I am always confident that I am getting the best representation available, whether inside or outside the courtroom. When we are faced with a dispute, she does a great job of explaining costs, benefits and risks of all options so that we can make educated business decisions. Her customer service is also outstanding, and she is always incredibly efficient, responsive, and cost-effective. I have said on multiple occasions that I wish all outside counsel could be just like Britta!"
- Lane Cates, General Counsel, Anthelio Healthcare Solutions Inc.
"We trust Britta Stanton and Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst in the courtroom; we have fought and won courtroom and arbitration battles with them on our side. Britta is also an equally effective resource outside the court system. She has proven that we can rely on her instincts and advice to steer us away from the courthouse when that is the most prudent path. In my experience, Britta is truly a rare find, by being both an engaging 'trial lawyer' and an effective 'counselor.'"
- Tommy S. Curb, Vice President, Business Development & Legal Affairs, Venyu Solutions Inc.
"Less than 24 hours elapsed from the time we called Britta until we got results from the courthouse. She efficiently resolved our problems, stayed within our budget, and resolved our matter completely in less than a month. We highly recommend Britta Stanton because she allows us to focus on our business, not our lawsuit."
- Brad Ball, President, Ardent Creative, Inc.
"As a corporate lawyer and outside general counsel for companies of all sizes, I have Britta Stanton on speed dial because she is my 'go-to' lawyer to help our clients solve their business problems. She listens and asks the right questions. She understands how the courthouse works. She understands leverage in a dispute and stays ahead of opposing counsel. Britta is the person I send our clients to for their commercial litigation needs. When Britta is on the case, I simply do not have to worry."
- Ashley Thomas, Bissex & Watson, P.C.
"We found Britta to be an extremely competent litigator and advisor. Her information was provided promptly, clearly and was comprehensive, allowing fully informed decisions to be made as we moved through the process. She was pragmatic and gave us realistic expectations of the time, costs and the potential outcome of our case. In the end, she was proven right. She was tenacious in negotiations with opposing counsel and there was never a doubt that she was representing our best interests at all times. Besides her knowledge and tactical skills, we found her highly responsive and personable. Phone calls and emails were returned quickly and access to her was never a challenge. Taking an issue to the courts is never a pleasant or easy process. Britta Stanton is an exceptional advocate to have on your side once you make that decision."
- Glenn and Bonnie Bilawsky
"Britta is an extremely knowledgeable, professional and attentive attorney. She has creative solutions to complex problems and is adept at interacting with the various personalities within my company."
- Kristen Erler, General Counsel, Room Key
EDUCATION / BACKGROUND
Britta graduated magna cum laude from Baylor Law School, where she served on the Baylor Law Review and represented Baylor at trial and appellate advocacy competitions. Prior to law school, while obtaining her college degree from The University of Texas at Austin, Britta spent a year studying language and economics at Sweden's Uppsala Universitet. Britta practiced law in the Houston office of a litigation boutique prior to joining Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst.
Britta is an active member of First United Methodist Church in downtown Dallas and the Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court. She has four children: Alexandra, Luke, Eric and Caroline.
HONORS / AWARDS
- Top 50 Up-and-Coming Women Texas Rising Stars, 2017
- Listed as a “Texas Rising Star” in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2016 and 2017
- Listed as a "Litigation Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation in 2016-2017
- Selected to serve on the Federal Court Advisory Committee
PUBLICATIONS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Voir Dire: Recognizing the Social Leaders during Jury Deselection, Dallas Bar Association, March 1, 2015
- Southwest Airlines' bid to banish Delta from Dallas Love Field rests in judge’s hands, Dallas Business Journal, September 30, 2015?
- Impeachment in Five Simple Steps, Dallas Bar Association, March 22, 2016
- Pre-Trial Use of Jurors' Social Media, KLIF-Radio, July 25, 2016
- Ethical Issues that Arise at Trial, Dallas, Association of Young Lawyers, September 13, 2016
- Dallas Restaurant Bans Customers With Face Or Neck Tattoos, Channel 11 News, December 2, 2016
- Using Videotaped Depositions at Trial, Dallas Bar Association, March 22, 2017