2100 Ross Avenue, Suite 2700
Dallas, Texas 75201
Chris Akin is a Partner at LPHS with 25 years of complex business litigation experience. Specializing in bankruptcy-related litigation, directors and officers liability lawsuits, and other complex commercial litigation, he has successfully handled plaintiff-side contingency fee arrangements and high-profile defense cases.
Over the last eight years, Chris has won multiple bankruptcy-related cases that have generated career-defining results for both LPHS and his clients. In 2014, he played a critical role in a momentous energy case, winning one of the largest ever judgments in Dallas history. He has also represented directors and officers in multi-billion dollar disputes—blocking a $9 billion merger and successfully defending securities fraud allegations.
Chris earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia, was listed as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers as seen in Texas Monthly from 2005-2009, and has been named as a “Texas Super Lawyer” for the last five years running. Chris constantly asks himself, “What decision would I make if I were in my client’s position?” Having seen his entrepreneurial family members go through a significant lawsuit as a teenager, Chris takes every lawsuit personally, striving to represent his clients the way he wishes his family had been represented.
- University of Evansville, B.S., 1992
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1995
- Assistant Editor, Virginia Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Roger & Madeleine Traynor Prize for "Best Written Work by a Graduating Student"
- Awarded “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation, 2021-2022
- Recognized as a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers, 2015-2022
- Awarded “Litigation Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, 2016-2020
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, 2005-2009
- Recognized as a “Top Business Litigator in DFW” by Dallas Business Journal, 2008
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate, 2006-2007
- Honorable Sidney A. Fitzwater, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas 1995
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit