Dubbed a "Rising Star" by Texas Super Lawyers from 2019 to 2022, Pat Disbennett represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex business disputes and legal proceedings. He’s secured successful results across a range of commercial disputes, including cases involving breach of contract, non-competition agreements, trade secret misappropriation, commercial real estate, healthcare payor-payee disputes, oil and gas disputes, and business disparagement and defamation claims.
Pat joined LPHS following a two-year clerkship with the Honorable Jane J. Boyle of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Prior to his clerkship, Pat graduated cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law, where he served as the Managing Editor for the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business. He also completed legal internships with the Honorable Sidney Schenkier of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Regional Enforcement Division in Chicago, and the Labor Unit of the Chicago Board of Education’s Legal Department.
A Division I soccer player at St. Louis University, Pat earned Academic All-American and Atlantic 10 All-Conference accolades during his senior year, leading his team to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and a top-25 national ranking. He graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in Chemistry from St. Louis University in 2008 and worked as a chemist for an animal nutrition company in St. Louis before entering law school.
- St. Louis University, B.A, magna cum laude
- Academic All-American D1 Student-Athlete
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Managing Editor for the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- Part of trial team that won a $145 million jury verdict, the 12th largest verdict of 2016, in an oil and gas dispute.
- Represented a shareholder in securing a temporary injunction in federal bankruptcy court to prevent the sale of fraudulently-transferred property.
- Represented company in securing a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction against former employees and contractors for violating non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, leading to a favorable settlement.
- Represented company in securing a temporary restraining order against former employer and her new employer for violating noncompetition agreement, leading to a favorable settlement.
- Represent former corporate officers in proceedings in Georgia and Delaware, wherein the Delaware Chancery Court ordered the defendant-corporation to pay the clients' legal fees and expenses incurred in defending against counterclaims brought against them in Georgia.
- Represented hospital in arbitration against insurer for underpayment of over $10 million in medical reimbursement claims, resulting in favorable settlement before trial.
- Represent commercial landlord in securing and collecting judgments against defaulting tenants throughout Texas state courts.
- Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2021-2022
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2021-2022
- Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2019 - 2021
- "Using Videotaped Depositions at Trial," Dallas Bar Association's Headnotes, Co-Author, April 2017
- "A Litigator's Perspective on Good Faith and Fiduciary Duties Under the 1989 and 2016 Model Form Joint
- Operating Agreement," Dallas Bar Association's Annual Review of Oil and Gas, Co-Author, August 2017