Greg is a first-chair trial lawyer who regularly appears in federal and state courts on behalf of
plaintiffs and defendants in all phases of complex and “bet-the-business” commercial litigation.
His practice encompasses the spectrum of commercial litigation and cross-border disputes,
including business partnership disputes, breaches of contract, theft of trade secrets, as well as
breaches of fiduciary duty and fraud. National firms regularly look to Greg as their local counsel
for their Texas matters. This year, Lawdragon recognized Greg on its “500 Leading Litigators in
America,” as well as its “500 X - The Next Generation” lists.
Greg received his Bachelor of Science from Brigham Young University and earned his J.D. at Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law, where he was also a Garner Law Scholar. He later completed a one-year clerkship with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas, and a summer-term clerkship for Judge Charlene Honeywell of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida before kicking off his legal career at a nationally recognized boutique litigation firm.
An avid traveler, Greg has lived abroad in China and Brazil and speaks fluent Portuguese.
- 2023: Secured $1.9 million unanimous jury trial verdict in a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation matter
- 2023: During bench defeated all of plaintiff’s DTPA and franchise agreement claims seeking approximately $9 million during pretrial motions and realigned parties leading to favorable settlement for client prior to closing arguments
- 2023: Secured favorable settlement for plaintiff in oil-and-gas royalty and paying quantities dispute following successful pretrial conference
- 2022: Secured successful appellate ruling reversing trial court judgment notwithstanding unanimous jury verdict and remanding for sole issue of determining attorneys’ fees
- 2022: Secured unanimous jury verdict for $2.9 million for clients in breach of fiduciary duty case involving sale of oil and gas mineral interests
- 2022: Secured unanimous jury verdict for client in breach of oral contract involving construction and operation of franchise restaurant
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, B.S., Health Science and Public Health, cum laude
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, J.D, cum laude
- Recognized on the "Ones to Watch" list by Best Lawyers, 2022-2024
- Named on the "Leading Litigators in America” list by Lawdragon, 2024
- Recognized as a "Texas Rising Star" by Super Lawyers 2020-2023
- Named on the "500 X - The Next Generation” list by Lawdragon, 2023
- Recognized as a Top Young Lawyer in Texas by Texas Monthly, 2021
- Voting Rights: What Ferguson Can Learn From North Texas Suburbs, Texas Lawyer, October 2014
- The Latino Child and the Law, Panelist at NYU Law School Symposium, November 2014
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit