Intellectual property and trade secret disputes. Allegations of business fraud. Internal investigations of corporate officers concerning white-collar criminal matters. Cory Johnson specializes in litigating complex civil matters like these—most of which require a thorough analysis of voluminous business records and correspondence, preparation of corporate and expert witnesses, and the effective presentation of complex issues in court, arbitrations, and mediations.
Cory has successfully represented financial institutions, oil and gas, investment management companies, e-retailers, medical services, and pharmaceutical companies in both federal and state courts, as well as AAA and FINRA arbitrations—winning impressive settlements for his clients.
Cory earned his B.A. from Southern Methodist University where he received the Stanton Sharp Award for Outstanding Service and Academic Excellence. He went on to earn his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law where he was a Dean’s Scholarship recipient. Following law school, he practiced commercial litigation at a large international law firm and nationally known litigation boutiques in Houston and Dallas. Cory was recognized by his peers as Super Lawyers’ “Rising Star” in business litigation from 2015–2017.
- Southern Methodist University, B.A.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Represented mortgage backed securities creditor in multi-billion dollar litigation concerning FDIC receivership.
- Represented investment management companies against international bank concerning allegations of fraudulent transfers and breach of complex derivative agreements.
- Represented investment management companies suing international bank for excessive finance fees following wind-down of interest rate swap portfolio, recovering +8.6MM in cash collateral.
- Represented bank against FDIC’s litigation to enjoin bank from engaging in derivative securities investments.
- Obtained favorable settlement for commercial real estate investment company and broker in breach of non-disclosure agreement and commission contract action against purchaser and sellers in a $130MM real estate transaction.
- Represented one of North Texas’s largest commercial real estate companies in multiple landlord tenant disputes.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of oil and gas company against accountant for alleged breach of multi-million dollar service contract.
- Represented oil and gas company in arbitration case concerning scope of multi-million dollar environmental indemnity provision.
- Recovered stolen laptop from former oil and gas company employee containing highly sensitive trade secrets following TRO proceeding.
- Obtained full return of funds owed to pro bono client defrauded by private car dealership.
- Super Lawyers’ “Rising Star” in business litigation, 2015–2017