Chisara Ezie-Boncoeur represents clients with speed and precision across a range of industries, including private equity, retail, energy, healthcare, entertainment, and commercial sectors. Her diverse skill set and strategic thinking shine at every phase of disputes—from case inception to trial, arbitration, settlement, and appeal.
Her expertise and advocacy in business disputes for her clients at LPHS have led to many favorable results in an impressively short time frame. Within months of joining the firm, Chisara cross-examined witnesses in a federal antitrust case and first-chaired a successful appeal that had important implications on personal jurisdiction. Her courtroom arguments ended with the dismissal of fraudulent transfer claims filed against a high-end retailer. She obtained a ruling from the Dallas Court of Appeals confirming that a Church has the right to make employment decisions related to its own clergy under the ecclesiastical abstention doctrine. And she resolved a six figure commercial property dispute.
Before joining LPHS, Chisara was an associate at Fox Rothschild LLP in New York where she focused on intellectual property and general litigation. She also worked as a legal intern for the United Nations Development Programme. She’s licensed to practice in Texas, New York, and New Jersey, and has lived and worked abroad in Ecuador and Liberia.
- Cornell University, A.B., Anthropology, cum laude
- Double Minor, Spanish, Inequality Studies
- Columbia Law School, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Earl Warren Scholarship, Legal Defense Fund
- Submissions Editor, Columbia Journal of Race and Law
- Environmental Law Clinic
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility
- “Dallas Top Women in Legal” by National Diversity Council, 2019
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2021
- "Top 40 Under 40 in Texas" by National Black Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- NEW Roundtable, Member
- Telluride Association, whose mission is to prepare and inspire promising students to lead and serve through free, transformative educational experiences, Board Member
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate of the Inn
- Cornell Black Lawyers Alumni Network for the Southwest Region, Board Member
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: The Role of Legal Counsel, in the 2016 Year in Review, Corporate Social Responsibility: ABA Section of International Law
- Pleading Lost Profits Damages in New York and Federal Courts, New York Law Journal, 2016
- JL Turner Trial Advocacy CLE: Motion to Transfer Venue, Plea to the Jurisdiction and Special Appearance, 2018