“Sam worked on an extremely important case for one of our portfolio companies and I found him to be an exceptional lawyer. His poise in the courtroom and complete command of the facts and legal arguments in our case were very impressive. It was truly a pleasure working with him.”
- Samuel Simpson, Operating Partner, Lariat Partners, LLC. Denver, Colorado
Sam HardyDownload One Page Bio
Mr. Hardy’s practice focuses on civil litigation and civil appeals. He is a creative and aggressive litigator who approaches every matter with the goal of successfully resolving his clients’ disputes as efficiently as possible. Mr. Hardy has experience in all stages of litigation, from case evaluation to final appeal.
Mr. Hardy has represented clients in a variety of arbitrations, trials, and other proceedings, including:
- Representing individual clients, as well as companies, corporations, and partnerships in a variety of complex commercial litigation lawsuits and arbitrations;
- Representing clients in trade secret litigation;
- Representing both plaintiffs and defendants in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty litigation;
- Representing both employers and employees in compensation and non-compete disputes;
- Representing physicians and physician-owned hospitals in commercial disputes;
- Representing clients in SEC investigations;
- Representing shareholders in corporate securities and derivative litigation;
- Representing owners, tenants, landlords, and creditors in real estate and related litigation.
A few of the representative matters that Mr. Hardy has worked to successfully resolve for his clients include:
- Integral part of trial team that obtained an almost $1 billion jury verdict for a plaintiff pipeline company;
- Trial counsel defending a consortium of transportation companies in a multi-million dollar “bet the company” jury trial that resulted in a take nothing judgment against the plaintiff and a six-figure judgment against the third-party defendants;
- Counsel for a real estate venture obtaining a multi-million dollar judgment against a foreign sovereign and successfully defending that judgment twice on appeal;
- Lead arbitration counsel defending a mortgage company employer that resulted in a take-nothing order against the plaintiff;
- Representing a plaintiff physician-owned hospital in a multi-million dollar, multi-forum dispute with a large national insurer resulting in a favorable settlement for the client;
- Defending a Dallas-based full-service law firm in a professional negligence lawsuit that resulted in a successful settlement for the client;
- Representing plaintiff mortgage brokers in a compensation and non-compete arbitration with former mortgage company, resulting in favorable settlements;
- Representing a plaintiff distributor in an multi-million dollar breach of contract claim against a foreign supplier, resulting in a favorable settlement.
Before joining Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, LLP, Mr. Hardy clerked for the Honorable Jacques L. Wiener of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and for the Honorable Robert Propst and the Honorable Scott Coogler of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. Mr. Hardy graduated magna cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law, where he served as Editor in Chief of the Alabama Law Review. He holds a master’s degree from Harvard University, and a master’s and a bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina. Mr. Hardy is a Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation, a past Associate of the Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, and has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer “Texas Rising Star” in 2016 and 2017.
Mr. Hardy is admitted to practice law in Texas and South Carolina, in all federal district courts in the State of Texas, in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and in the United States Supreme Court.