Russell HermanDownload One Page Bio
Russ Herman represents both defendants and plaintiffs in complex commercial disputes.
Prior to joining LPCH, Mr. Herman practiced at an international law firm based in Houston where he
- Served on trial team that successfully defended global energy company from billion-dollar business tort claims (claims dismissed with prejudice during trial);
- Assisted African subsidiary of a major oilfield services company resolve threatened enforcement action and related contract dispute with national government;
- Represented major international oil company as global coordinating counsel for disputes pending in the U.S and multiple overseas jurisdictions over bankruptcy acquisition; and
- Represented former securityholders of retail electric provider in their suit against acquirer over post-closing accounting adjustments.
Mr. Herman also successfully obtained SIJ status for an immigrant minor from Honduras.
EDUCATION / BACKGROUND
Mr. Herman received his B.A. in anthropology magna cum laude from Dartmouth College, where he matriculated as a National Merit Scholar. After graduation from Dartmouth, he worked as an analyst for a management consulting company in New York City.
Mr. Herman received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. While at Harvard, he served as a senior editor of the Harvard Environmental Law Review. In his first year, Mr. Herman was awarded first place in the Williston Negotiation Competition.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Herman served as a law clerk to the Honorable George P. Kazen of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. While clerking, he assisted Judge Kazen when he sat by designation on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
“Update on Challenges to Expert Witnesses,” Texas Bar CLE on Damages in Civil Litigation, Houston, February 2015 (Maria Boyce, co-author).
HONORS / AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2017
ADMISSIONS / AFFILIATIONS
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers