Michael KalisDownload One Page Bio
Mike’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation, in which he represents a diverse range of entities, corporate officers, and individuals as both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts. He regularly works on cases involving contract disputes, fiduciary duties, fraud, and tortious interference. Mike engages in all stages of his clients’ cases, from initial fact development, to mediation, and trial. His experience includes taking and defending depositions and drafting and arguing dispositive motions.
Mike earned his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he served as Lead Executive Editor of the Pittsburgh Journal of Technology, Law & Policy. During law school, Mike gained valuable and diverse experiences working for the general counsel of the Pittsburgh Pirates and interning for the Honorable David S. Cercone of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Before pursuing a career in law, Mike received his undergraduate degree in political science from Kenyon College, where he also captained the baseball team. Mike’s baseball career, which included pitching on the Greek National Team in Belgium for the European Cup Finals, instilled in him an appreciation for teamwork and a strong sense of leadership and tenacity, qualities he knows translate importantly to his litigation practice.
- Texas Citizen Participation Act, The Anti-SLAPP Statute, State Bar of Texas, Advanced Civil Trial Course (2016) (co-author).
- Like Father Like Son, Bar-Exam Ritual Is a Necessity of the Profession, National Law Journal, May 11, 2015 (co-author).
- Spoliation Post-Brookshire Brothers, Electronic Data Retention Policies, and Special Masters, State Bar of Texas, Advanced Civil Trial Course (2015) (co-author).
- Michael T.E. Kalis, Ill Suited to the Digital Age: Fourth Amendment Exceptions and Cell Site Location Information Surveillance, 13 U. PITT. J. TECH. L. POL'Y 1 (2013).
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Lonestar Charity Two-Step, Advisory Board Member
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Kenyon College, B.A., 2011