Elizabeth RyanDownload One Page Bio
Liz helps businesses and individuals right wrongs. Creative and detail-oriented, Liz has helped her clients obtain numerous trial victories and summary judgments in state and federal courts. She specializes in breach of contract, fraud, business tort, employment, and intellectual property cases. Liz excels at distilling complicated factual and legal disputes down to clear messages that are easy to understand and communicate to judges and juries. Liz’s peers have recognized her work, honoring her as a “Super Lawyer - Rising Star” in business litigation in 2014-2017. Benchmark Litigation named Liz to its 2017 “Under 40 Hot List,” which honors the achievements and talents of law partners under the age of forty.
Before joining LPCH, Liz clerked for the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. During her clerkship, Liz worked on appeals for the First, Third, Sixth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits. Liz also interned with the Honorable Richard T. Haik, Jr., the Chief Judge of the Western District of Louisiana.
After graduating summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Syracuse University, Liz earned her J.D. from William and Mary School of Law, where she was admitted to the Order of the Barristers and honored for her outstanding trial advocacy skills by the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. During law school, Liz was a member of the William and Mary Moot Court Board and the National Trial Team, for which she won multiple awards and competitions. Liz also studied at City University of Hong Kong.
Liz is licensed to practice law in Texas and Virginia. She proudly serves on the Women of Tocqueville’s Steering Committee and the Advocacy Committee for the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Represented a national financial services company in an Internet defamation case, obtaining a record-setting $12,500,000 verdict.
- Represented a national private lender in a breach of contract case, obtaining a judgment of more than $7,000,000.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in a fraudulent transfer case, obtaining a jury award of more than $3,300,000 and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented an individual on appeal of an arbitration award, obtaining confirmation of the $1,636,000 award.
- Represented an international technology company in a breach of contract case, obtaining a favorable settlement for the client after a one-week arbitration.
- Represented a national real estate company in a breach of contract case, obtaining the client’s full measure of damages and attorneys’ fees from the jury.
- Represented a shareholder of a closely-held company in a multi-million dollar shareholder oppression and breach of contract case.
- Represented a national cable provider in a breach of contract and fraud case, obtaining dismissal of all claims against the provider on summary judgment.
- Represented a staffing company and its contract worker in a breach of contract and tortious interference case, obtaining dismissal of all claims against the company and worker on summary judgment and obtaining an agreed judgment on the company’s counterclaims.
- Represented an electrical services company in a breach of employment agreement case, obtaining a temporary restraining order against the former employee and a favorable settlement for the company.
- Represented an international technology company in a breach of non-solicitation agreement case, obtaining a temporary restraining order and permanent injunction against the client’s former employee, as well as a favorable settlement for the client.