Eliyahu (Eli) Ness is an associate and trial lawyer at Lynn Pinker Hurst & Schwegmann. Eli excels where creative solutions are needed. Innovative solutions, continual growth, professional excellence, moral integrity and an utmost regard for client needs are values Eli brings to every case.
Eli graduated with a B.A. in Near-Eastern Studies from the University of California, Berkeley, where Eli led a core group of budding engineers, graphic artists and business individuals in forming a company focused on creating solar-powered backpacks and other hi-tech gear designed for charging mobile devices on-the-go. After the company was acquired, Eli attended Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall) where he obtained a Law & Technology Certificate from the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology. He focused his research and analysis on how young technology startups can better use the tools of litigation and their intellectual property portfolios to gain leverage in the marketplace. Eli served as extern for Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald of the United States District Court for the Central District of California and was President of the Boalt Hall Jewish Students Association.
Eli was previously with the Silicon Valley office of Quinn Emanuel.
Eli is fortunate to return home to his wife, Michal, and their four children, Yosef, Leah, Rina and Shira.
- Represented investment firms in FINRA arbitration against FINRA-member market centers involving breach of contract in the purchase and sale of securities on the OTC Market.
- Represented publicly traded company in SEC investigation involving allegedly fraudulent statements made by corporate executives in press releases prior to initial public offering.
- Represented major public media organization in contract dispute with host of television series claiming to tens of millions of dollars in damages after his series was cancelled following allegations of sexual harassment.
- Represented 50-percent owner of large real-estate enterprise in complex litigation against various partners and entities involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of various contracts, and seeking the appointment of a provisional director and receiver.
- Represented publicly traded media company adverse to major movie-theatre companies involving unfair competition and breach of contract.
- Represented large Australian food & beverage conglomerate in litigation against American media companies for violations of the Lanham Act and unfair competition related to use of the Australian company’s trademarks and related claims.
- Represented major bank in defending in FINRA arbitration initiated by alleged customer seeking over $100 million in damages, successfully obtaining preliminary injunction and favorable settlement.
- Represented publicly traded corporation in dispute with co-founders alleging breach of settlement agreement.
- Represented national banks acting as trustees of Walt Disney family trusts against allegations of breach of fiduciary duty brought by members of the Disney family.
- Represented online media companies against copyright infringement claims brought by celebrity photographers.
- Represented major recording companies and artists in copyright infringement actions.
- Defended major pharmaceutical company against one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world in breach of contract and fraud claims alleging over $1 billion in damages arising out of a mishandled acquisition of our client, obtaining favorable settlement.
- Represented major real-estate developer in high-stakes and highly publicized litigation against major municipality, obtaining complete victory at trial.
- Represented creators of 3D video technology against the largest developer of virtual reality headsets in the world in a case involving trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Represented one of the largest metals conglomerates in China in a case brought by the United States alleging economic espionage and theft of trade secrets.
- Represented a religious non-profit pro bono in dispute with government agency that threatened to undermine its core purpose and financial integrity.
- Extern for Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall), J.D.
- American Jurisprudence Award; Prosser Prize
- Berkeley Center for Law and Technology (BCLT) Law and Technology Certificate
- President of the Boalt Hall Jewish Students Association
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Near Eastern Studies
- State Bar of California
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Texas Bar Admission (Pending)