Chisara Ezie-BoncoeurDownload One Page Bio
Chisara handles every phase of business disputes. She regularly represents clients from case inception through ultimate resolution, including trial, arbitration, settlement, and appeal.
Chisara offers a unique skill set from being on both sides of the docket, and has an ability to think strategically, and provide practical and reasoned advice. Within months of joining the Firm, she was asked to join a trial team, and she cross-examined witnesses in a federal antitrust litigation. Recently, Chisara first chaired a successful appeal with important implications on personal jurisdiction.
Chisara has represented corporations, corporate officers, and individuals in diverse industries ranging from the technology, retail, energy, private equity, medical, and entertainment sectors in a variety of complex business disputes, including:
- Representing executive level officers and directors in compensation, breach of contract, advancement, and indemnification disputes;
- Breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and tortious interference litigation;
- Business disparagement, defamation, and Anti-SLAPP litigation;
- Trade secret litigation and breach of non-competition agreements;
- Breach of contract litigation;
- Partnership disputes;
- Trademark infringement litigation;
- Obtaining temporary restraining orders and injunctive relief; and
- Conducting all phases of discovery, including taking and defending depositions.
Chisara is licensed to practice law in Texas, New York, and New Jersey. Prior to joining Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, Chisara was an associate at Fox Rothschild LLP in New York where she focused on intellectual property litigation and general litigation. Chisara works relentlessly to meet her client’s expectations and needs to deliver the best outcome for every case she handles.
Chisara previously worked as a legal intern for the United Nations Development Programme, and has lived and worked abroad in Ecuador and Liberia.
Columbia Law School, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Earl Warren Scholarship, Legal Defense Fund
- Submissions Editor, Columbia Journal of Race and Law
- Environmental Law Clinic
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility
- Advised Hess Corporation’s CSR initiatives in Ghanaian operations
- B.A., Anthropology, cum laude
- Double Minor, Spanish, Inequality Studies
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Board Member of the Telluride Association, whose mission is to prepare and inspire promising students to lead and serve through free, transformative educational experiences rooted in critical thinking and democratic community.
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
PRESENTATIONS / PUBLICATIONS
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: The Role of Legal Counsel, in the 2016 Year in Review, Corporate Social Responsibility: ABA Section of International Law.
- Pleading Lost Profits Damages in New York and Federal Courts, New York Law Journal, 2016