Ben BarnesDownload One Page Bio
Ben Barnes is a trial lawyer with experience representing a wide range of businesses and entrepreneurs in complex disputes. He has tried cases in both state and federal court and before arbitration panels. Ben's experience includes bankruptcy, antitrust, real estate, oil and gas, fiduciary liability, legal malpractice, and other complex litigation, and his representative clients include Fortune 500 companies, major private companies, and prominent entrepreneurs. Texas Super Lawyer lists Ben among its "Rising Stars" of 2018.
Prior to joining Lynn Pinker Cox Hurst, Ben clerked for the Honorable Raymond Gruender of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He has served as an officer in the United States Marine Corps Reserve since 2010.
EDUCATION / BACKGROUND
Ben graduated magna cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, where he was an articles editor on the Law Review and competed on the school's national moot court team. He also holds a bachelor of music from New York University.
- Law clerk for the Honorable Raymond W. Gruender, Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Captain, United States Marine Corps Reserve, 2010 - present
- Represented real estate developer in litigation arising from partnership dispute
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of real estate developer in private land use dispute
- Defended mortgage servicer against claims of wrongful foreclosure and violations of the fair credit reporting act
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of data science consulting firm in employment dispute
- Defended former independent directors of financial services firm in shareholder derivative action
- Defended international law firm against professional malpractice claim
- Defended international healthcare conglomerate in antitrust litigation
- Obtained temporary restraining order and favorable settlement on behalf of midstream energy company in lawsuit arising from equipment theft
- Defended technology licensing company in fee dispute with former law firm
ADMISSIONS / AFFILIATIONS
- Texas state courts
- Colorado state courts
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas and the District of Colorado
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers