Andrés CorreaDownload One Page Bio
Andrés has come to understand that, much like war is the continuation of politics, litigation can be the continuation of business. As a result, he is committed to creatively but aggressively resolving the business challenge that brings the client to the lawyer, whether through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
Andrés has helped clients terminate business relationships when suitable, mediate burgeoning disputes when possible, and litigate in arbitral panels, state and federal courts, and foreign courts when necessary. His experience includes pre-trial and trials in the areas of oil and gas, trade secrets misappropriation, trademark infringement, noncompetition agreements, interference with contracts, real estate development, attorney disqualification, breach of warranties, partnership dissolution, shareholder and derivative claims, and disparagement and defamation.
Andrés earned his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law. While attending law school, he served as an Articles Editor on the Law Review, a term-time clerk for the Honorable Richard J. Holwell of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Co-Chair of the Latino Law Students Association, and President of the Mock Trial Team.
Before joining Lynn Pinker Hurst & Schwegmann, LLP, Andrés practiced law in the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore L.L.P. He was honored by his peers as a “Texas Rising Star” as seen in Texas Monthly from 2016 - 2019. Andrés is licensed to practice law in New York and Texas. He is a native of Chile and is married to Claudia Vargas.
- Opening argument and cross-examination of Jostens representative in $3.1 million jury verdict, including punitives, on behalf of Herff Jones, a subsidiary of Varsity Brands
- Opening and closing arguments in the 12th largest verdict of 2016, winning $145 million jury verdict for T. Boone Pickens’ Mesa Petroleum Partners, LP
- Dismissal of breach of non-compete claims, and award of attorneys’ fees, via TCPA motion
- Dismissal during jury trial of fiduciary duty and fraud claims against shareholder.
- Arbitrator award of over $1 million in partnership dissolution dispute.
- Defeated multi-million dollar claims against real estate investors and developer via summary judgment.
- Crafting procedural rules for, and prosecution of claims on behalf of, City of Duncanville in connection with the expulsion of a member of City Council.
- Successful defense against disqualification on behalf of law firm, as well as successful disqualification of law firm.
- Settlement of dispute over a weekend to ensure $40 million credit facility funded on Monday.
- Secured release from detention for Tibetan asylum seeker.
PROFESSIONAL / CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member of City of Dallas’ Judicial Nominating Commission
- Member of UT System Chancellor’s Centurions Council
- Member of Latino Center for Leadership Development’s Inaugural Leadership Academy
- Cofounder of Eugene McDermott Scholars Program Alumni Association
- Partner with Social Venture Partners
HONORS / AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2016 - 2019)